Friday, April 26, 2013

Batter Up!

Went to Briana’s baseball game last night and it was a doozy. On the field both teams were evenly matched but in the stands there was a stronger force…The Board Member. LOL more on that later.
So, the girls were ahead about 7-5 and B put B in to pitch. Well she did pretty good for a while but then walked a couple, hit a couple and wild pitched a couple and soon the other team was ahead by 6 points. B’s team has last ups and at the end of the 4th inning with the strong batters already batted there are 2 on base (the tying run) and Dion is up to bat. I haven’t seen Dion get a hit yea but I haven’t been to very many games. Well she takes 2 pretty good swings and tips the next ball and the count is full I believe. The next pitch she rockets up the middle for a base hit and 2 rbi’s!!! The tying run is in!
It goes into extra innings and the other team scores either 1 or 2 but B’s team has the top of their line up back in and I don’t even remember who scored what…they won.
The “winner” in that game was Dion who got the game ball!!!!
It was very VERY exciting.
Up in the stands (on our side) the ladies/mothers were upset at a lot of the (big girl) umps calls and some heckled her. Another lady sitting up there said “I am a Board Member” and I will ask you to leave!” It got pretty quiet after that. I was glad.


No comments:

Post a Comment