Thursday, November 29, 2012

Grand Canyon Arizona

Took an awesome side trip to Grand Canyon while in Arizona with Janna & Bobby. First time for all of us, well not exactly but I was about 8 years old so I don't remember much.
Kinda takes your breath away...
Just unbelievable sights all the way.
The Colorado River!

Grand Canyon Babes!

At the Edge...
The distances were so deceptive. In this picture the things we were seeing were from 9 to 40 miles away but looked like they were right beside each other!

Looks scary but it is a camera tilt trick!

I think we are looking at the "Painted Desert" here becaus the map it said it was in this area.
More Painted Desert?
So Bobby had us pose on this tree then took Janna over to the other side to show her something...



Yep, he saw this guy on the sidewalk behind us!
This is called The Watchtower designed by a female architect in the 30's to supposedly get the best view of the Grand Canyon. It was awesome but not for the views.
The Watchtower
Actual Indian art murals. I forget which type (of Indian) but they were phenomenal
The view from below
The stairs to the top
The view from above
Last stop Sedona AZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment